2-day Workshop – $995*
Does your family want to take a holiday that doesn’t involve driving everywhere because of you are too afraid to fly? Does your job require you to travel and budgets no longer support you taking three days to travel across the country by train? If you have never flown before and want to learn how, or if you used to fly but stopped completely and want (or need) to get back into it, then The Non Flyer program was designed for you.
The Non Flyer program is a 2-day workshop that starts right at the beginning and covers it all. When you leave The Non Flyer program you will understand:
- How the body works to keep itself safe,
- Why the mind focuses on scary thoughts even when we’re not in danger,
- Why your “symptoms” of anxiety aren’t symptoms at all,
- How airplanes and the entire airline industry are geared towards getting you to your destination safely and on-time.
Most importantly, you will learn how to cope! We spend a full, two days helping you to:
- Learn psychological techniques to control your fears
- Stop worries from overwhelming you
- Stop wasting your time and efforts trying to control things we really have little control over
- Get the help you need from people around you when you do feel afraid
- Take better care of yourself and create the kind of life you want to have.
In this program, you will also have the opportunity to have all of your questions about air travel, air safety, weather and specific aircraft answered by a commercial pilot.
The best part is: IN THIS GROUP, WE ACTUALLY FLY TOGETHER!
After a weekend of sharing stories and learning together, most people say they want to practice their new skills with people they know and have grown to trust. So, the $995 course fee includes the cost of a ticket for a practice flight, which we take together as a group when we have a minimum of 4 people who want to fly.
Learning we can fly without fear and anxiety requires practice. We know it’s a big step, so we give you an opportunity for prolonged exposure to help you get comfortable with the plane and the sensations you will experience. We spend about 2 hours on board the aircraft before we even leave the ground, taking several small and gradual steps to help you calm your fears and find your courage. The actual flight lasts just under an hour, which is plenty of time for a tour of Niagara Falls or the city of Toronto. Most people who fly with us say their anxiety fades within about 20 minutes.
* Because a registered psychologist leads the group, you can submit the program fees against your extended health benefits insurance as a “Psychological Service.”